I Must Be an Artist

A photo I took at a nearby farm. I dabble in photography too, but I'm not real great at it yet.

Scratch scratch scratch.
Ah,that lovely sound. 
Scribble scribble scribble.
The sound of the artist hard at work.
Click clack click-click clack. 
I never want it to end.

I wish I could forever write down the thoughts in my head. I wish I could bring back the sensation of fiction ideas and the lovely words hidden inside. I want to show them to the world and let them know that I am something bigger than what I truly am.
Smear swish splat. 
Paint with the brush and see where it takes you.
Crack scribbly-scribbly dat. 
Write with the brainwaves pulsing, moving.
Oh, how I wish I could fly! 
Fly on your song, to wherever you wish.

Then the awakening. I am not free from the bounds of time. I will never be released from the chains of responsibility. It is what I love, it is what I do, slave under the watchful eye of the beings around me. But if ever I could break free, fall from my chains, and run away free as a dog or a bird, I would do what I could to release the sensation within me. I would want the world to feel with me.
Let the world feel the rushing water in them. Let them know that they are not alone in their wanderings. They shall never be cured of the burning they feel when voices rip from their chest and rise to the heavens. 

Clickity clack clack click. 
There it is again. I must work harder.
Swish splat splat swish.
We are trailblazers, we make our own paths.
Thump swish scrat thump swish.
Dance, dance forever, never stop.

We are pioneers. Let us dance! Let us sing! Let us create like never before! Our ancestors will stumble at the things we create, balk at the boldness of what we have done. We will define the world in every different way, we will color it blue, red, golden and green. We will rouse the emotions, we will tear open hearts and let the stallions free to roam the big, wide earth.

I will never be free from the earth and her chains. But I can never wish. I can never think before the leap. I must do something before time runs away.

I am a dreamer. I am a wisher. I wish I could do, but I never have the boldness to put pen to paper. I want to show them who I want to be and what I want to do, I want to give them a taste of my soul and let them dream with me. I need to share, fall in love with what I have made, and make a stranger feel the love and the passion. I need to find the good in the world and coax it out, let it be free with what I make. I must put the words together and show them to the world, make them feel that they will never be alone as long as I stand on my feet. I must forget ever-consuming anger, hollowing sorrows, the fear that forever stopped me from doing what I needed to be!

I must be an artist.

I can hide these words forever. I can keep them away, and never change a mind, or give someone the freedom they need. They may not arouse the passion I have, they may be meaningless among the wild tangle of incoherent mumblings. But if I want to be brave, be ridiculous, be free, I must try to change the world in the biggest way I can. Even if, right now, the only I way I can make my mark is by writing this. This long, rambling prose. If I am going to ever be free of the earth, I have to take one leap of faith.


Thank you so much for reading! It means a lot that you took the time to go through my blog post. If you like this post, feel free to explore my blog. Please like me on Facebook, at Chloe's Art (the profile pic is a cardinal drawing I made when I was ten.) If you comment, I promise I will read and respond. Enjoy!

                                                                                                      Love, Chloe

Comments

Popular Posts