The Creativity Topic

Hello, readers! I have been longing to make another post for a while now, but didn't have a topic. Today, as I was going through my daily routine, an idea just popped into my head. Kind of like J.K. Rowling's idea for Harry Potter, but maybe not as big. Now, before I engage into this long and boring topic (not really that boring), I want to warn you that you may not want to leave.
 Now, you may be struggling to find an art routine. I certainly did. When I wanted so badly to draw something, but you can't do a single dot, there are several remedies. One is quite simple: leave your medium for a little while to explore a different area of interest. The others that I came up with are a bit weirder, and you might be offended. If not, read away at my random idea, my friend.
 By the way, feel free to mix and match with ideas. One day you do this thing, next day you do that one. It'll make your creative process feel less tight and forced.
 1. Pick five colors and make something with them. I know it sound's funny, but it works. On day one, I had a swatch of four cool colors and one bright, vibrant color. The cools were teal, bluish-gray, light gray and dark gray. My one warm color was red orange. And so I set myself to think. Well, forests are dark. They're mainly cool colors. But what would be red in a forest? Hmm... I went with a red fox. I played around with it for a little bit. I sketched and drew and erased and drew again. On my way to the dentist, I was able to dig out my five colors and scribble inside the dark brown Micron lines. My mom said it was beautiful.
And that was it. I fell in love with the idea, and I think that I might have fallen in love with the piece. As a matter of fact, I decided to do it again the next day (which just happens to be today). Yes, reader, I succeeded in doing it for a second time. Now, I do have a problem with doing something for two days in a row, but this time I did it. I was rather surprised with my colors. They were violet, lavender, periwinkle, sienna, and white. When I looked at the pencils, I immediately thought of Belle from Beauty and the Beast. Sorry, but that's not what I did. Instead, I put my mind to work on a rather strange drawing that I happen to like.
I know, the purple vine is a little quirky, but it's pretty. I think it is, anyway. I was a bit hindered by a great thumping an bumping going on on the upper floor, but I managed well enough. I came up with the idea by drawing a boot with wavy purple lines all over it (weird, right?). I thought of ivy, and I came up with this. The branch, however, ended up looking more like a spike that a tree limb.
 Now, I want to tell you one more thing that I do with this. I like to experiment with different colors and thatchings with my colored pencils. What I do is I make a graph (I've been studying them lately) with all the colors I have. For instance, I pick up the purple pencil and make a dot and the beginning of my graph. Then I fill in five squares to the right of it. I put one purple dot above the first purple square, and do so with every color until I have them all lined up. Next I take these colors and, going in order from left to right, color over the purple square with this color until I have created four different colors. I do this because it is fun for me, but you don't have to if you don't so desire. Remember, you should be having fun with this.
 This exercise is fun while also teaching you to work with what you have and to be experimental and creative. When you take five things that have no similarities at all and look appalling next to each other, it forces your mind to create something out of them. The only limit is your imagination (well, and your page). 
 2. Create at least one random character each day. This is the one where you can really go crazy. It is so fun and so easy that you can do anything you want. When you create a random character, give it some character and pizazz. Every person has his or her own personality, and every drawing, no matter how outlandish, must have one too. The first day, I was bored and had nothing to do. This got my creativity flowing. I put pen to paper and drew the
most awesome character I've ever drawn.
This guy's name is Ted. Isn't he cool?
I know that he's simple and that there are pencil markings and random words all around him, but he was just a quick sketch. I know it doesn't look like it, and, honestly, I slaved over the penwork several days later, but He really is just a simple drawing. You wouldn't be able to tell by his mohawk.
  Say hi to Mary Lou and Finn. These siblings look like they've bee through a lot together. While watching a Saturday night movie, the day after Ted was drawn, I drew these guys real quick. Mary Lou was fast, but Finn took a little longer. That hair didn't just happen on its own. I started to color in Mary Lou, but the scanner didn't pick it up. Anyway, I hadn't finished. She didn't take very long at all, because ice cream was on its way and I decided to take a break for this delicious confection. They were really fun to make.

 Good morning, America. I am proud to present to you Miss Darla Americana.On Sunday after church, after dropping my purse at my desk and falling into my least favorite chair, I scribbled this pretty girl with half-closed eyes. Well, I did draw a rough version of Simon's Cat (lol), but I like Darla better. She was the first one I penned and colored. I went through and inked them all after her. I thought that I should five some color to her red dress to make her look even more like a VIP. 
 I lost track at this point. Next day, I drew three pretty good runners. I think that they had a good time at the race, especially Nate S. Bedre, who won first place. Paul Golmen looks like he should have won, what with his muscles rippling and everything. Poor Peter Marells looks sad that he came in third place.I wouldn't be happy if I had that number either.
The next day, I wasn't as creative, so I won't post that one on here. Then yesterday, I did the color challenge, which was really fun. So, yeah. I have two really fun creative projects that you can do. I think that you will be surprised with what you can come up with if you work hard at it. I hope that you have as much fun with it as I did.
 Thank you for supporting me as a young artist. It's hard for me to draw sometimes, because life gets the better of you and you say, "No, I don't have time to draw today." But if you keep putting it off, you'll never be in the creative spirit. It's hard to push yourself sometimes, as it is for me. But other things can wait. There's nothing more important than expressing yourself through art.
 I hope that you enjoyed my drawing process, and I wish all the best for you and your art.
 Keep creating! Chloe.

Comments

Popular Posts